For the purpose of this discussion, a pricing update refers to an update to the cost of equipment, accessories, add-ons, and materials. This discussion does NOT pertain to a change in Business Rules.
Pricing update example:
- December 1: ABC Contractor builds a proposal on December 1 and sends the quote to the customer.
- January 1: ABC Contractor submits updated equipment costs to Sales Builder Pro. SBP processes the pricing update.
- January 1: NO Changes are made to the Business Rules
- February 1: The Customer calls to accept the quote written December 1
Here's what happens when the quote is reopened:
- If NO changes are made to the quote, the quote will display the December 1 pricing.
- If new equipment is selected the quote will use the January 1 pricing for the new equipment.
|If you want to requote the entire proposal with January 1 pricing, we recommend building a new quote to ensure that ALL new pricing is used for the quote. To build a new quote for the customer, simply reschedule the old sales call for today's date, arrive at the call and build a new proposal|