There are 2 different categories of Business Rules.
1) Business Rules that are Specific to equipment:
- Pricing: Margin
- Costs: Install Kit, Labor
2) Business Rules that apply to the overall proposal:
- Day Rate Labor (Install Manager Pro)
- Equipment and Install Kit Tax
- Price Adjustments (i.e. Commission, SPIFFS, etc.)
- Overall Job Costs
* A pricing update refers to an update to the cost of equipment, accessories, add-ons, and materials.
- December 1 ABC Contractor builds a proposal and sends the quote to the customer.
- January 1: ABC Contractor makes a change to the Business Rules that apply to Equipment.
- January 1: ABC Contractor makes a change to the Business Rules that apply to the Proposal.
- January 1: SBP processes a pricing update.
- February 1: The Customer calls to accept the quote written December 1
Here's what happens when the quote is reopened:
- If NO changes are made to the proposal, the proposal will display the December 1 pricing.
- If new equipment is selected, the app will calculate the sale price of the new selection as follows:
- January 1 Business Rules that apply to Equipment
- December 1 Business Rules that apply to the Proposal
- January 1 Costs to calculate the sale price.
|If a NEW proposal is created, the app will use January 1 Business Rules and January 1 costs. We recommend building a new proposal to ensure that ALL new pricing is used for the proposal. To build a new proposal for the customer, simply reschedule the original sales call for today's date, arrive at the call, and build the new proposal.|