1) Instant Cash Rebates must be entered on the discount line.
2) Rebates entered on the signature tab are for Mail-In rebates only. Rebates entered here will not change the balance due on the quote.
Here’s the recommended sequence for an instant cash rebate:
1) Select the equipment
2) Apply discount to the condenser or indoor unit. (Fig. 1)
Figure 1. Apply the instant cash rebate as a discount.
3) Apply a pricing adjustment to adjust the sale price to cover the manufacturer chargeback on the instant cash rebate. (Fig. 2)
Figure 2. Price Adjustment to cover the manufacturer chargeback.
4) Optional: Add to the option notes the terms of the instant cash rebate - i.e. "Deluxe instant cash valid thru 9/1/19 - $500" (Fig. 3)
Figure 3. Enter notes about the rebate terms.
5) IF an option is selected on the Signature tab - the investment summary will display the instant cash rebate discount as a line item. IF an option is not selected the option notes you entered will display the Instant Cash Rebate info that you entered in step 4.